Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recycled Yarn


Currently using up a basketful of yarn remnants to make a slouchy/messenger like bag for myself. Making this is been surprisingly therapeutic in a way because working with every individual yarn reminds me of past projects I've created. Reflecting back on my accomplishments in crochet this year sort of forces me to realize how far I've come working this craft. I started knitting about two years ago and ended up really disliking it so I strayed from yarn of any kind until we moved to Seattle. Once here and unable to find work I read a book about amigurumi called Creepy Cute Crochet that Jon gave me last year as a birthday present. The creatures in the book were adorable and this book is also where the patterns for my cute little ninjas came from(which I plan to make more of in the near future). After crocheting those I picked up a set of cheap metal crochet hooks and found a local store that almost always has a yarn sale and haven't stopped since. Not only do I find it relaxing, but others seem to like my work enough so that I can sell a few items(on Etsy mostly) a month and pay for more yarn, buttons and supplies to keep me making more. It's so much fun to create and keeps me busy when I'm not searching the job market or out on interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment