Saturday, January 22, 2011

Square One



I didn't really make any resolutions this year other than I want to learn a few things like how to snowboard and to expand my crocheting abilities. Nothing really profound, so over the past few days I've been thinking I'd like to make something over the entire year to remember it by. I woke up a few days ago with the idea to make a small piece every month and stitch them all together at the end of this year creating an afghan for our bed. I threw this one together last night and this afternoon without a pattern so I think I'm going to stick to that method. I'd like to pick up yarn on our various trips throughout the year to use as well. The two I've used here were really soft yarns I had left over from projects I've made recently so I just used them. The flower was fun to make and the green portion around it is a popcorn stitch that I've read about but never attempted--it came out quite well plus it's very squishy! I look forward to posting more as I go and can't wait to see what the finished product will look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment